Pre-defined color tables
Several pre-defined colormaps are available in the NCAR Graphics
package. You can change the colormap of your workstation by setting
resource to one of the following strings.
For more information about setting color resources, see the "Color format specifications" section.
- "default" - This is the default
colormap with 32 entries.
- "cyclic" - This colormap has 8 entries
containing the primary colors and their complements.
- "gscyclic" - This is a grayscale
version of the cyclic colormap with 8 entries.
- "gsltod" - This colormap contains 33
grayscale entries that range from light to dark.
- "gsdtol" - This colormap contains 33
grayscale entries that range from dark to light.
- "uniform" (2nd frame) - The uniform colormap contains
175 entries that cycle through 5 levels of red, 7 levels of green, and
5 levels of blue.
- "temp1" - The temp1 colormap contains 63
entries that are arranged in a continuous color table with "cool"
colors at the bottom and "warm" colors at the top. The colors range
from white to blue to green to red.
- "psgcap" (2nd
frame)- This colormap contains 231 entries. It is based on the
colormap that is used in the color PostScript graphcap for the NCAR
Graphics ctrans utility.
- "example" - The example colormap
contains 115 entries with hues of yellow, red, blue, and green.
Reference Manual Control Panel
NG4.1 Home, Index, Examples, Glossary, Feedback, Ref Contents, Ref WhereAmI?
$Revision: 1.11 $ $Date: 1999/03/15 16:41:06 $