CHEKGS CODE FACT SHEET
1. Code Name: CHEKGS
2. Category: IIc. Plasma Equilibrium: Mapping & Checking
3. Responsible Physicist: M. S. Chance
4. Others involved in code development:
5.One line description: Checks the accuracy of the solution to the Grad-Shafranov equation.
6. Computer systems which code runs on: Cray
7. Typical running time: 2-3 minutes
8. Approximate number of code lines: 1600
9. Does this code read data files from another code? MAPDSK, MPOUTI from mapping codes.
10. Does this code produce data files that can be read by another code? No
11. 1-2 paragraph description of code: This code checks the consistency and accuracy of most of the the quantities required from the Grad-Shafranov equation in the stability codes here at PPPL. These quantities include the Grad-Shafranov equation itself and also the metric relations in the coordinate system required for the stability analyses. The output is displayed symbolically in a two dimensional plot in (y,q).
12. Similar codes to this code, and distinguishing differences:
13. Journal References describing code (up to 3):
14. New code capabilities planned for next 1-2 years:
15. Code users: Free to anyone.
16. Present and recent applications of code: Sporadic use whenever accuracy checks are desired.
7. Status of code input/output documentation. Check one: (X) does not exist ( ) incomplete ( ) exists
18 Year Code was first used and present frequency of use: Used sporadically whenever needed --once/year
19. Estimate of Man-Years invested in developing code: 0.25
20. Catagories of usage of Code (Check all that apply): ( ) application code to do analysis and prediction of experiments (X) numerical testbed of theoretical ideas ( ) physics module to be used in integrated moddelling ( ) code for machine design
21. Language code is writen in: Fortran
22. Results of intercomparisons with other codes and results of validation against experiments. N/A