Report bugs to: email@example.com
Contact: Paul F. Dubois, 925-422-5426
See the general ../INSTALL.htm for
The change history is in ../Release_Notes.htm.
To-Do List (Suggestions welcomed.)
- Add a Fortran interface to the API: This is to allow interfacing to Fortran libraries
without transposing 2+ dimensional arrays. Current thinking is to add some new functions
to the API: PyFortranArray_FromDims, etc., which are a thin wrapper around their
- Add the ability to handle ``missing'' values. Paul Dubois is working on such a package.
- Modify umathops.py to incorporate K. Hinsen's changes in umathmodule.c: The two .c files
are designed to be generated from this python script. Hinsen made changes before he was
aware of umathops.py. We need to back those changes into the script. (The file
umathops is not distributed).
- Put PyFPE_START_PROTECT and PyFPE_END_PROTECT macros around "dangerous"
sections of code in NumPy: Python-1.5 has standardized a method to handle IEEE floating
point exceptions. In order to use the method, extensions need to protect sections where
exceptions may occur. See Include/pyfpe.h for details.
- Normalize the formatting of the C source code in NumPy to ease reading and editing by
human beings: 80 character lines, etc.
- Add support for one-bit arrays. [da]
- Make sure all appropriate functions support typecode argument (e.g. identity). [da]
- Allow comparison of NumPy arrays of PyObjects. See patches at
http://starship.skyport.net/~hochberg/ for an old try. (David Ascher)