MAPPER CODE FACT SHEET
1. Code Name: MAPPER
2. Category: IIc. Plasma Equilibrium: Mapping & Checking
3. Responsible Physicist: D. Monticello
4. Others involved in code development: Jardin, Chance, Chang, Kessel
5. One line description: Calculates quantities required by PEST stability code from equilibrium quantities.
6. Computer systems which code runs on: NERSC
8. Approximate number of code lines: 1300
9. Does this code read data files from another code? Yes, it needs data from the JSOLVER, QSOLVER, or EFIT equilibrium codes.
10. Does this code produce data files that can be read by another code? PEST-I and PEST-II ideal MHD stability codes and the PEST-III resitive MHD code reads the data MAPPER produces.
11. Description of code: This code takes the output from QSOLVER, EFIT, JSOLVER and calculates all the metric quantities that a stability code would need to calculate the stability of equilibria produced by either QSOLVER, EFIT or JSOLVER. Recently it has been converted to run in the non-updown symmetric mode.
12. Similar codes to this code, and distinguishing differences: The MAPRZ code is similar, but it is for an RZ grid.
15. Code users: Most PEST and resistive PEST users.
16. Present and recent applications of code: TFTR, ITER and DIII-D
17. Status of code input/output documentation. Check one: (X) does not exist ( ) incomplete ( ) exists
18 Year Code was first used and present frequency of use:1980, daily
19. Estimate of Man-Years invested in developing code: .25 M-Y
20. Catagories of usage of Code (Check all that apply): (x) application code to do analysis and prediction of experiments (x) numerical testbed of theoretical ideas (x) physics module to be used in integrated moddelling (x) code for machine design
21. Language code is writen in: Fortran
22. Results of intercomparisons with other codes and results of validation against experiments. Test against a similar suite of Russian codes.