RIPLOS CODE FACT SHEET
1. Code Name: RIPLOS
2. Category: V. Source/Sink Codes
3. Responsible Physicist: R. B. White
4. Others involved in code development: None
5. One line description: Rapid estimate of global alpha loss in tokamaks due to stochastic ripple transport.
6. Computer systems which code runs on: Cray
7. Typical running time (if applicable): Various
8. Approximate number of code lines: ~ 500
9. Does this code read data files from another code? Reads ripple data and equilibrium.
10. Does this code produce data files that can be read by another code? . No - produces plot files.
11. 1-2 paragraph description of code: Estimates alpha loss due to ripple induced stochastic transport for tokamaks, putting restrictions on coil design.
12. Similar codes to this code, and distinguishing differences: None.
13. Journal References describing code: R. B. White and H. E.Mynick, Phys. Fluids B5, 980 (1989).
14. New code capabilities planned for next 1-2 years: will be replaced by better capabilities of ORBIT, publication in preparation 1996
15. Code users: S. Jardin, R. Boivin, J. Santarius, H. Mynick
16. Present and recent applications of code: ITER, BPX alpha loss due to ripple
17. Status of code input/output documentation. Check one: (X) does not exist ( ) incomplete ( ) exists
18. Year Code was first used and present frequency of use: 1989 will be replaced
19. Estimate of Man-Years invested in developing code: 1
20. Catagories of usage of Code (Check all that apply): (x ) application code to do analysis and prediction of experiments (x) numerical testbed of theoretical ideas ( ) physics module to be used in integrated moddelling ( ) code for machine design
21. Language code is writen in: fortran
22. Results of intercomparisons with other codes and results of validation against experiments. R. B. White and H. E.Mynick, Phys. Fluids B5, 980 (1989).