To be done by authorized Transp Support after a user has any kind of valid PPPL account
New accounts are handled by the user via:
- PPPL Users
- Verify user (not tr_) is in unix group transp. Use admintool on voltron2 to add <user> to transp group.
[Note: 'ssh voltron2', 'kinit', 'sudo su']
- Pre-existing accounts:
- Unixadmin runs admintool on voltron2 to create matching tr_<user> account.
Select 'Project Accounts' option in admintool then the option to create the TRANSP
account and enter tr_<user> for username.
If you see the message 'Warning: There doesn't appear to be a Windows (Kerberos) account for tr_<user>', ask Lena to create an entry in the windows active directory for tr_<user>.
- Grid Accounts
- Off Sites Users need an
Invitation to apply for account.
(For non-US applicants, Sponsor must have "Foreign Visitors" Training)
- User should follow instructions on how to apply for pppl account and Grid Certificate.
- OSG FusionGrid Certificates are authorized by Irena Johnson.
Sponsor must have validated applicant.
- On transpgrid, as root, mapp DN of grid account to tr_<user>.
The grid map file is
- All New Accounts
- add appropriate line to:
- add user's email to
Transp Users group